Thursday 12 April 2012

Beauty Products Haul

LUSH, Barry M, Body Shop & Boots

Hey guys!
Last week I decided that it was time to get some new beauty products as I had basically run out of everything and had put off getting new products for a while :P  
So here are a few of my purchases :) Enjoy!


Barry M Nail Varnish - Black Croc Effects; Mint Green; Coral; Grey.

I love Barry M nail varnishes! I love their range of colours and nail effects and I also find that their nail varnish lasts a decent amount of time.
Firstly, I bought the Black Croc Effects nail varnish and it basically makes a crocodile skin effect pattern on your nails. It takes about 5 minutes to work though - I was worrying at first that it didn't work at all when I tried it, but it does work :) You also need to put a clear top coat over it to keep it in place.
The next one I bought was the Mint Green one which is my FAVOURITE one :) I just love how bright it is and how much it reminds me of spring. I've been wearing this colour non-stop for the past week.
Thirdly, I got the Coral colour - my sister has this one and I kept "borrowing" hers so I thought I should probably get my own before she notices ;)
Lastly, I bought the Grey one. On the nail it actually has a very slight teal tint to it which I actually like but it's definitely not the colour in the bottle :P

American Cream Conditioner and Curly Wurly Shampoo - LUSH

This was my first time ever buying anything in LUSH and I was really impressed with the products that I bought! Recently, my hair has been very dry and damaged and I just wanted something quite natural to revive it and make it look healthy again. I bought the Curly Wurly Shampoo which is a coconut-based product and smells absolutely AMAZING! It's strange actually, I didn't like the smell of it at first but now I really like it! The smell also lasts on your hair for days!!! I wasn't expecting it at all, so I'm quite chuffed with that :)
The American Cream Conditioner is a Vanilla-based conditioner and again, the smell lasts for a long time on my hair. Because I have curly hair, I only really condition my hair once a week, so this bottle should definitely last me a long time :) These two products mixed together in your hair is a match made in heaven!
They were quite expensive - that is the only downside I have, but I think that they are worth the money.

Boots Extracts Brazil Nut Body Scrub; The Body Shop Passionfruit Body Butter.

So I kind of neglected my skin over winter, which is really lazy/bad of me and of course, during our lovely sunny week in England the other week when I wanted to wear a skirt/shorts, I was horrified at how dry and unflattering my skin was!! I was like, OMG.. that's awful!! So I decided to buy the Brazil Nut Body Scrub from Boots so I could scrub away all my dead winter skin on my body and revitalise it. Words cannot describe how amazing this scrub smells!! It smells like dessert! I'm always so tempted to eat it! And it works a treat :)
I then went into the Body Shop and they were having a sale on some of their body butters; I primarily thought that they would be all the ones that don't actually smell that great, but I decided to smell them anyway and the passionfruit one was so nice!!! It's a bit like the satsuma one they do (I think it's a satsuma one :P ) but more subtle and not so overpowering citrousy. I think the other ones on sale were Blueberry, Ginger and another one I can't remember, but they were reduced from the original £12 to £5 which I thought was a really good bargain!!



So that's all I've bought beauty-wise, but I'll be doing another haul in a couple days to show all the clothes and jewellery that I have bought over the past month (I've seriously been spending waaaaay tooo much money!) So I hope you guys liked this blog post and I'll be writing again soon. :)

Amy X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? x