Wednesday 21 September 2011

Garnier BB Cream

Hey guys,

As well as buying some fur and knitted stuff from H&M on Monday, I also popped into Superdrug and picked up the Garnier BB Cream. This retails at £9.99 but for some reason i was only charged £7.99 at the till, but I didn't complain ;) (Just been on the website, they have it on offer atm for £7.99 so get down there!). I have heard so many rave reviews about this product so thought i would try it out myself.

Source

Source
When i first applied it, i was surprised at how much i actually needed to use, it was more than i was expecting but still not too much i guess. Once it was blended in (i just used my fingers, i worked it in like it would a moisturiser/tinted moisturiser), i was actually pleasantly surprised! I wouldn't go so far to say it gives you an 'airbrushed finish' or a perfect complexion but it did even out my skin tone well and gave a great glow. It's also great to build up under the eyes to cover up dark circles without having a thick cakey look that i normally find when i use a concealer.

My skin is quite oily, and this cream is very shiny and greasy to apply, but once rubbed in leaves a very soft to the touch feel, not at all greasy and definitely not heavy- the cream itself is actually very fluid and lightweight. It definitely gives a great glow to the skin, although i like to slightly tone it down with a light dusting of powder - I use Bourjois Delice De Soleil Mineral bronzing powder, which is very good. This just stops your skin looking shiny, and keeps it glowing, it also prolongs the staying power of the cream.

The packaging is really nice, simple and compact - yet you still get a lot of product for your money, so it's great for travelling, slinging in your bag, or using on the go. The product applies really nicely, and really feels moisturising for your skin- this was a real plus for me as i don't usually moisturise my skin because I often find it makes my skin too oily- using moisturiser and then foundation just doesn't work for me. So it was nice that this works as both at the same time so i don't find my foundation sliding off my skin :P.
Source
To be honest i think it lasts really great I've been wearing it all day today and it's kept my skin looking really healthy and glowing. What i particularly like about this product is that it perfects your imperfections but doesn't cover up things like freckles (I've been in the sun), beauty marks, or masks your skin colour. It's actually a very sheer makeup which can be a great base to then work on top of, or to build it up over certain areas of your face to create a flawless face :)

All in all, i really like this cream, it works as either a base or foundation, keeps skin moisturised and also contains mineral ingredients, SPF 15 and the packaging is a great size for people on the go :) I would definitely recommend this product for all skin types, if you suffer oily skin, then i would definitely recommend setting it so that it lasts and also gives you a subtle glow rather than a shiny face :P

I'll post some photos up tomorrow of how it works for me :)

xo Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? x